Sunday, July 12, 2009

SURPRISE!

This past week has been surreal! Sorry I haven't gotten to post till now!
When we got to Mexico Annie and I decided to start journaling, we knew the month was going to be very interesting to say the least. Its really cool to look back at the journal entries from the week talking about how I felt about it all and it all makes sense now.
As great as it was, when we got to Mexico we just felt like it wasn't where the Lord wanted us to be. We had peace about the trip, until we got there. I know we were suppose to go, we just weren't suppose to spend that length of time there. Sunday I gave it to the Lord and basically just said, " God, if you really don't want us here you have to do something big to get us home cause its not something I can do."
Tuesday I wrote that I didn't understand why I felt like the trip was complete, like I had learned what I had needed to and we did what we were there to do, and I truly believe it was to give Ana a family at her graduation.
Wednesday I got sick again, left overs from Guatemala.
So Thursday was the day of events! Annie had a sinus infection and I was passed out from the phenergan i took the day before. She decided to go work anyway, so when she got downstairs Margarita told her that Sister Elma wanted to see her. So she went back upstairs to talk to her. Then Sister Elma asked if I was ok, she told her yes but I probably just needed to rest, and she asked about MarMar and Annie told her she wasn't doing to great but we were praying for her. And then Elma just starts to tell Annie how she got up in the middle of the night and prayed for hours because she was worried about us. She said she feels there is a time for everything and she feels like during this time we need to be home with our families, so I could see a doctor and Annie could be with her grandmother. She said, if we wanted to we could pack and she would take us to the airport right then. So Annie woke me up at 9am, we were on a plane by 10:30am and in Birmingham by 2:30pm! Amazing! I knew God wanted us home, and I knew he was going to get us home, I just didn't think it was going to be this soon and easy!
The best part was that we didn't tell our parents! Chris came and got us from the airport and we went home and surprised everybody!

Surprise! from cbass on Vimeo.