Saturday, June 12, 2010

from tortilla's to TGI Fridays








Yesterday I learned how to make tortillas and empanadas! I didn’t say they were pretty, just that I made them! Sylvia Michelle did not like the green onions Jessica put on top of hers so she didn’t want to eat. About that time an ice cream truck drove by. While that sound elicits excitement for us, for Sylvia Michelle it was fear. They don’t really have ice cream trucks here, but in the movie Buddy the bad guys drove an ice cream truck. She looked at me with big, fearful eyes and said “Da bad guys, its da bad guys!”. So, I figured I’d help a sista out. Jessica couldn’t get her to eat, so I simply told Sylvia Michelle that if she didn’t eat it all they would come back. Well, it worked! She began to eat her food as fast as she could! And if I would have known that she would have freaked out at the sound of a car honking I probably wouldn’t have done that, but how was I suppose to know! So after she finished her plate there was a car outside honking, and she thought they were coming for her. I have to say, it was probably the funniest thing I’ve witnessed in a while! I’m horrible, I know.

Oh and yesterday I left Jessica and Jose’s house to stay with Jacky till the team gets here! We went to TGI Friday’s for dinner! It was wonderful! I think I laughed all through dinner. One of them asked about Forest Gump since I was from the south. Then like 10minutes after that conversation he asked for some more tea after waiting and waiting for the waitress to get back. As she ran off he yelled, “Run Forest Run!”